Saturday, September 1, 2012

Primer día 1st Grade

Matias couldn't have started off first grade any better, except having to say goodbye to his grandparents on Tuesday.  I didn't make him go to school because it just seemed like torture.  By 3:00 he told me he was ready to go school which made me happy to know he would be excited to go back Wednesday.
I think he was a little sad the first day when he realized his two best buddies got in the same class together, but he handled it like a champ.  His exact words were "Mom, I saw Cooper and Liam playing together today."  I brushed it off, like school was for learning and he would have plenty of time after school to play with his friends, and that seemed to suffice him
A few other comments from him this week:
My friend "la morena" (since he didn't remember her name) told me she likes my shoes
I got super today on the behavior chart, why didn't you say anything about it?  (I hadn't checked his folder yet)
"Celine fell asleep in class today"
"the chicken nuggets looked burnt so I got pizza"
I struggle to get anything out of him luckily our neighbor Harper is in his class and she tells her mom everything so that is where I am going to have to go to get all the scoop :-)
I asked him if I could come have lunch with him on Friday and he said " No because then I might miss you and want to come home"  However, I think that was his nice way of saying No mom not so cool for you to come eat with me.  I am going ask again soon cause I doubt I'll be getting an invitation, and I really want to eat cafeteria food again!!!! haha







 Jorge looks happy to get Matias off to school- I believe he was a little anxious to go play golf with Nico! LOL  just kidding abuelo!  I think Mabel was still half asleep, but she wouldn't miss his first day of school for the world!  Gracias Abi!

I was still in my Pajamas so I was happy to be the photographer.  I decided to just let Nico and los abuelos take him to school.  I figured I would have plenty of opportunity.  I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be.  Seeing him so happy and confident and ready for school makes it a lot easier.
I did cry after back to school night, but I guess I got it all out then.
 We live so close to the school that we don't have a bus stop; we are consider walkers/car-riders.  Matias really wanted to ride the bus so he gets off at the closest stop to our house and I go pick him up there.  It beats the long line at the school, and he has a whole group of friends who ride that bus too, plus Cooper the boy in the blue jersey who I watch everyday.

No comments: