Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What my 3 year old will do for a toy

When I picked Matias up from school today he immediately told me that he had a surprise in his backpack. On the way to the bus stop he pulled out a Ben10 figurine. Wow I asked him who gave it to him and he told me that his teacher Gisella had given it to him for being good and sitting in his seat. I was proud but a little hesitant so as soon as we got home I pulled out his notebook to see if Gisella had written anything about the figurine. There was nothing, so I talked to Matias about it a little more and didn't think I had any reason not to believe him. I told him several times through out the day how Proud I was of him. I listened as he told the same story to his abuela and his father, whom both gave him responses similar to mine and neither seemed to think twice that it may be a little white lie.
I decided I'd write Gisella to thank her and tell her how excited Matias was about the present in hopes that she'd respond and give me a little more information about why she had given it to him.
She did respond but in person the next day. Turns out Matias persuaded her to believe that it was his toy so she let him take it and then I guess he concocted this story about being a good alumno and sitting in his chair to persuade me that it was his as well. He got us good! I can't help but wonder if maybe somehow in his mind he got a little confused. I don't want to believe that he flat out lied but I'm not going to be naive and he definitely won't be bringing any more toys home from school.
Where has my little angel gone? Caught on tape!!

1 comment:

Nielsen Family News said...

The video footage is brilliant- that will be priceless blackmail fodder for later on!