Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mati goes to school (and Pili too)


























Matias started school on Monday. Instituto Evangelico Americano. So far he seems very confident and happy to be going. He was a little distraught on the first day when he notice that Mabel had sown a yellow button on his shirt. We explained that all the kids in his class would have a yellow button and that it would be easy to find them. Upon arriving he approached every kid he could find with a yellow button to tell them that they were his classmate.







I held up pretty well until we (I mean Nico) sang the Argentine national anthem, and then I found myself getting emotional. Songs always move me and the situation felt somewhat surreal.
Matias came home today and said that his stomach hurt and that he drank chocolate milk at school that was gross and not fresh. I got a little worried because he seriously was about in tears. When I told Nico he explained that here they serve warm chocolate milk for snack. The kids here typically don't drink cold milk and then it all made sense! I'll have to make a special request for cold choco milk for Mati. I already prohibited the Tea, he's going to end up with just water poor thing!
He also exclaims that he has a job now; school of course!! Oh and he can hardly believe that there are TWO Matias's.

3 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

All these fun new experiences! Love the pics of your family!

Anonymous said...

I love that G'ma & G'pa were there on his first day of school. That has to be fun. Yea for the apartment and rooms! It always makes me want to move overseas for a while when I read your blog!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful apartment. Looks so wonderful with the large rooms to play in and the sun on the balcony! Siena is setting up skype on my computer. Was just missing you, glad to see you're doing well. Miss you terribly