Friday, April 2, 2010

Parking our new Mercedes Benz...

......Did I say Mercedes Benz???? Sorry, I meant to say Chevrolet Corsa!
It's nice to have a car again, even though it's not the convertible BMW. I still mostly walk or take the bus during the week because Nico has the car. I am happy walking. I still prefer the city life and luckily have everything I'd ever need within blocks. Pili makes good company. Mati on the otherhand has realized that he'd rather go in the car than to walk anywhere. I figure I have just a few more years until I'll probably be ready for a car because both my kids will be more content to take a ride more than a walk. In the meantime I do most of my walking and shopping in the morning while Matias is at school and in the afternoon our walks are just around the block which believe it or not seems to be the kids favorite part of the day. They typically are looking for dog walkers, chatting with kids on their way home from school, jumping over dog poop, or just playing in the entrance to the apartment building watching bypassers, and me..... daydreaming of my Benz!

1 comment:

Nielsen Family News said...

Wow- having a car again must be a great feeling. The kids thought it was so weird when we came back from New York and had a car again. Sometimes I wish everything was closer so we could just walk- I miss that!