Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Traffic Jam

So Flor and I decided to take the kids to the Buenos Aires Univeristy of Agriculture to see the school farm. Mode of transportation : the bus. Not a problem, the kids will surely enjoy a bus ride. So we're cruising along when we hit the first large intersection with a total of 10 lanes and guess what? The Red light is not working. Again not a problem, we'll just wait our turn. We'll make it across in no time. Until all of the sudden these CRAZY ARGENTINEAN DRIVERS decided to proceed all at once and it was one HUGE TRAFFIC JAM! No one was going anywhere!!!!!!! Well except for the mopeds and cyclist who scurried through. I began to panic and Pili became restless. The bus driver began to curse at people through the window. I didn't see anyway out but to get off the bus. We didn't though and finally (say 15 minutes) the bus and other cars began to reverse a bit and little by little cars got by and the BIG bus too. It was serisouly a sight to see and I can't believe I didn't pull out my camara, but in the moment I was really afraid for my life!!

Oh and the Farm nothing but mud, mosquitos, horses, ducks, and a group of unconstrained chickens (again I was afraid for my life). Not the best day.

No comments: