Sunday, September 11, 2011

El rio and NOVA here we come!

Nico and I spent the weekend in Northern Virginia ( las afueras de Washington DC) looking for a home to rent since that is where we will be relocating  Oct 1.  We fell in love with the town of Ashburn and found a home that will work for us for the time being.  We are very excited.
It was hard to leave the kids but my mom did a great job and they had a blast the two days they spent with her and my dad.
Friday they went to the Okefenokee Swamp to see Alligators (pics to come soon). They spent the evening with Aunt Robin and  Saturday they spent the day out on the river.   My brother George hooked up a slip-n-slide (tipo tobagon) and I can't believe I missed out on that fun!  Nico and I had a little bit of fun ourselves though.  We took a wrong turn and ended up close and personal with the Capitol building and Obelisk.   I was able to meet his boss who was great and Nico's office backs up to Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th Ave (son dos tiendas tipo falabella muy buenas aca) so I think I'll be meeting for him for lunch as much as a I can!
NOVA here we come!!










exhausted after a long day of house hunting could not resist hotel dining

la vista from Nico's office though he will be traveling 80 % of the time

I'll have to remind nico that he could always go shopping for me while on his lunch break

PricewaterhouseCoopers
Nico will be doing consulting work with the bank regulatory team




1 comment:

Nielsen Family News said...

Fantastic Kekee- I hope you guys love Virginia/DC.
Yes, Joe is always traveling and no I don't like it very much. The time we spent with him in NYC was a rare and beautiful opportunity. I am sure you will do just fine with it, because you embrace life where ever you are- you just have to make it count when he is home!! You guys will have no problem with that! Good luck with everything!