Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thrift craigs and consign

We came back from Argentina with 11 suitcases full of nothing but clothes and toys.  We sold everything in Argentina every pot, pan, piece of furniture you name it!   We went from 400 sq ft in NY to 700 sq ft in BA and now to 3500 sq ft in VA.  So I was a little nervous about the cost of furnishing this home.  I was pretty confident that I would be very happy to do just about my whole house from Pier 1.  Then one day we took a trip into Jax to pick up a wicker chair that I had found on Craigslist at at consignment shop and from there it's history.  Mom's garage is full of treasures and I am determined to decorate my whole house with used items.
Here we go.. can I do the eclectic look?  This is definitely a first for me and my mom can't believe her eyes.  I hope it all comes together.   Here is a preview......










We have a lot of painting and reupholstering to do!  Does anyone feel the look I'm going for?  Not sure there is a look just a lot of random pieces that I really liked!!!

No comments: