Sunday, November 6, 2011

No cook High Protein Survival Food

1 Cup creamy no refrigeration required peanut butter
1/2 Cup chocolate protein powder (any brand will do)
2 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1 Tablespoon hershey's dark cocoa powder

Put peanut butter in bowl.  Add protein powder and cocoa powder.  Mix well with large spoon.
Add maple syrup (or honey).  Mix well and roll into any size balls, or logs.
Can store at room temperature.  No refrigeration required.

I tried these last week in RS we had a class on Emergency Preparedness class and they were absolutely delicious but again it was 11 and I was pretty hungry but imagine you'd been without food for a day how good they'd be then!!  I really want to get prepared in the event of a natural disaster or other type of disaster.  In NY I knew that we were in a high risk city and I should have been preparing but living in a studio I just didn't feel I had the space.  Now that we are just 30 miles outside of DC I again feel we are at high risk.  I am anxious and excited about getting my 72 hour kits together and much more.  If you have any tips or advice please feel free to share them.
I've heard it cost about 3000 dollars for the works not sure exactly that what is yet, but that it will last us 15 years.  I figure that is a pretty cheap insurance.  I may go that route not sure I am the type who will want to be rotating things and stuff like that.   Just stock up and be good for the next 15 years.  I will let you know when I get it done.  Give me this next year to get it together!!   I've put it out there that is my goal!

No comments: