Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Health Craze

I've decided to take few things out of our  daily diet and add a few things as well.

Here are some new staple items.  My doctor had me drinking ensure's and I love them but really don't think they are much more than sugary water and not really all that healthy and have no idea really why they are recommended by Doctors.




 Matias loves Chips so these are a new must have along with Veggie Stix and Pirates booty.
I love these for my avocado and bean dips, and salsa

QUINOA- really delicious and so complete just make sure you rinse well first and cook with Vegetable broth instead of water

Whole wheat pasta-  I have no idea why I haven't made this switch before now.  I love whole wheat pasta!!

the new bagel
 NUTS and BEANS for the PROTEIN

Earth Balance buttery spread and Coconut spread and oil.

  delicious healthy cereal

Yerba Mate with honey and Lemon a must have every morning for me and kids.
I actually only use Lemon when we are feeling bad for an extra immune booster!


I prefer Soy milk still over almond and rice because of the protein, but I want a variety.  Hemp is pretty tasty as well and no you can't get high off of it!!






I always have ate last 3-4 different style and flavors of milk.  I like them all just depends on what I am eating.

I am trying to buy almost all produce, yogurt, milk, butter, bread, and meat at the farmer's market where I know it came from animals raised decently on a farm and not in some "animal factory" GROSS watch the documentary "FOOD INC" and I bet you'll be looking for farmer's markets as well, even farms that will mail or deliver your meat to your door!

WEGMAN'S OUR LOCAL GROCERY BUBBLY WATER-  a lot lighter than Perrier


No comments: