Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mati is not the only one with FRIENDS


Javi and Lu. Rebeca and Pablo

I remember conversations before leaving NY that went somthing like this:
"I'm not going to Argentina looking for friendships, you guys have been the best friends I'll ever have. My goal now is to just spend time with my family and the extended family." Well the inevitable has happened, I am making great friends.
Lucia I met for the first time at Mati's school she was working there just for the first few months of adaptation. She happened to be in our ward and married to Javier. Javier is the brother of Lisette the girl who took Nico under her wing when he was investigaing the church here in BA. (I think she had other intentions- that didn't work out)
Lucia now takes care of Pili twice a week and I just love her to death!
We met Rebecca and Pablo at a youth dance and thought they were awesome. Rebecca is the stake YW president and Pablo in the Bishopric of a neighboring ward.
So we had them over Friday and it was a BLAST! I made Mexican food which none of them were familiar with and they all loved it.
We played spoons (my dad is a pro) a game they had never played and we laughed our heads off.
Pili slept and they treated Mati like one of their own, and I was relieved that he not only beats me in memory. I feel friendship comin on :)



We took Mati and Ada (jorge's mother) to see SHREK- LOOOVED IT.....

and she loved the gato

No comments: