Sunday, May 16, 2010

La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias (still a toungue twister for me)





Many of you have inquired about church so here I go......
We became some what inactive January and February and in March we decided it was time to get our act together. The first few Sundays I contemplated going back to my inactive state. However, after a bit of contemplation (just a bit) I decided I must press forward. Now it is mid May and I can honestly say that I LOVE our ward. I couldn't wait to get out the door today and we actually arrived on time. I've put most of the families together at this point and know a lot of people by name. I adore our Bishop. He is our age and has two kids Luna 2 and Ramiro 4. His wife Analia I adore as well. My visiting teacher is a hot blonde Gisella with three hilarious boys 7,8 and 10.
We've made buddies with Diana 10 and Damian 7 who seek us out every Sunday and sit with us in Sacrament and keep the kids entertained. Primary is pretty small. I think they average about 15 kids from what I can tell and nursery 3 that's including Pili. I've been hanging out with the kids in primary and nursery most of the time. Neither of them have fully adapted yet.
I haven't recieved a calling yet but Bishop Carizzo informed me today that he knows where he wants me. Stay tuned. Nico is first counselor in the Young Mens and at this very moment he is watching the DVD "A Brand new year 2010 for the strength of youth" from the first presideny and we spotted in the video two gals from our ward in NY. Rachel Draper playing the violin in Central Park and Noel Houston singing the theme song Be Strong!!! Made our night a little more exciting. NYC friends please let them know we miss them and are so proud of them. As of today I finally feel that our ward is starting to feel like family and that I need them. It is hard being here and not having our extended family taking part in our church activities. Matias ask every Sunday why los abuelos aren't coming to church with us. I will be speaking in church in June and we're hoping to get all the Delellis family to come and give me some extra support. I confirm the saints in Buenos Aires are strong in the faith and pushing forward.
Missionaries came over for dinner tonight. One from Salt-lake and the other from Chile. Cool guys!
Have I left anything out? I'm sure I'll be posting more about church in the near future.

2 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

Fantastic- I am sure that you will be busy soon enough- my kids were so excited about that video too and seeing people they actually knew! Isn't there a temple near by?

Erin King said...

Glad it's starting to feel a bit more like home... switching wards is hard! We miss you guys...