Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Long awaited LOCRO


I thought May 25th would never get here, and not because I was ready for a super long weekend. I was getting desperate for LOCRO (national dish of Argentina) and it cease to exist until this national holiday which represents the kick off towards Argentine's independence. We had Locro on Mabel's birthday and then the next day I went to Leandro's deli for lunch to get more (Leandro has a post dedicated to him coming soon). I would have eaten it again today, day 3, but I had upset stomach (possibly due to excessive amounts of locro) so I went with rice instead. Locro is a stew made of boiled hominy as the base and then added to that are many types of pork; bacon, chorizo sausage, pork shoulder. In Leandro's Locro he even added chuck roast and chunks of chicken breast. Oh it was so good. I've never attempted to make it. Anyone up for the challenge in the US? You've got time to prep, this dish is best in the winter.

2 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

OK- send me the recipe!! Sounds really yummy!

nicokekeematipili said...

will do
give me some time to get it from Nico's abuela. It's the best!