Wednesday, May 26, 2010

to finish off the long weekend.....


Mati wins the sortija Nacho libre wedgie


I wait for the carousel to stop take a snapshot


Ke-Kee: 10th picture. I'm tired of posing. Come on nico get it right already, or just wait til we stop

..... we headed to the plaza. I really wanted to go back downtown but nico, who tends to want to stick around the house, was not up for it. I was let down, but picked back up after a fun filled night.
top 5 reasons I love our carousel
5- It's slow
4- I hop on and off
3- or just plop a squat
2- Adults don't pay
1- LA SORTIJA = A free ride

La sortija is the metal key that Matias has in his hand. The owner of the carousel stands in one spot near the carousel as it goes around and offers out sortijas to the kids, IF they're quick enough to grab it.(owner totally dictates who gets it) and of course Mati always does cause he knows that means I'll have to pay for another ride for Pili. What can I do? The kids live to get the sortija, which is adapted from a sport the guachos play: "Race of the ring" shows horsemanship as the guachos race their horses with a spear towards a suspended ring about the size of a wedding band and try to hook it on.)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how I needed this today!!!! Thanks for the fantastic pictures, and the smile...Jack has been a nightmare today!

Janelle said...

Fun! There was a carosel I used to ride growing up where, if you caught the brass ring, you got a free ride. I loved it as a kid!