Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My most adorable little neighbors





There are six apartments that represent our building. Bias by no means, but the first floor has it goin on!! And the rest let's just say very little personality exist on those.
We are in 1B and then there are my divine neighbors in 1A of whom I feel inlcined to talk about.
Candela is 10 and Ayelyn 14 and I am smitten with these two lovley beings. Their parents are great people as well but they both work and I don't see them as much. The girls stay with Kristina the housekeeper during the day.
I noticed when we first moved in that Candela was keeping tabs on me. She knew when I was home and when I was gone and was always questioning my where abouts. I found her cute and she made me think a lot of my niece Evie. I found comfort that someone was looking out for me. After two months and getting past the getting to know you stage and of course me borrowing milk and oil and phone and keys (to main entry) we have made a special bond. The girls come over and offer to play with the kids or invite us over to their place to play with their labrador and poodle and Candela's old-school toys. She actually has this one babydoll back pack (in pics) that I can't get over. Merendamos together (merendar-to have an afternoon snack) Here it is very common and there is actually a verb for it since Argenineans don't eat until 9 or later the merienda is very important and usaully takes place around 5 o'clock. The girls are fabulous hostesses. They set the table, serve chocolate milk, and I usually provide the pastries. Candela makes sure she ask me if I want more milk than chocolate or vice versa. We chat and they (especially Candela) are very interested in the culture of the US. She actually refers to the US as Disney. "In Disney the people are obese, why?" or "In Disney they eat hamburgers for breakfast" or "In Disney they eat a lot of fast food" Our conversations are usually pretty interesting. There is some bad news to this post though...... they are leaving the end of August. This apartment was just a pit stop before the big move. Their "real" apartment is under construction. They won't be going far, about 6 blocks so hopefully we can still merendar together but I won't have Candela watching my back anymore and that makes me sad :(
Aye brought these balloons to the kids after her bday party

No comments: