Monday, July 9, 2012

Independence day

Like I mentioned earlier, the 4th was the best day of the trip for me.  We spent the morning on Daytona Beach and the evening at the lake.  We almost opted to just watch the fireworks around the lake but last minute I insisted we go into Starke to buy a few to do ourselves to have for the kids.   We made a little purchase of barely 70$ worth and not one firework was over 10$ but Nico and I were so giddy about it.
We couldn't even wait until dark to start.  The kids started with smoke bombs, sparklers, mortars, roman candles and were really having the time of their lives.  We would point out all the beautiful fireworks around the lake but they could've cared less.  We had a decent grand finale and called it a night!  Everyone very happy about our little show which Nico did a very good job managing.
Dad promised next year he'll make the purchase for the fireworks so I'm hoping he can afford a little more than we could.

















No comments: