Saturday, July 7, 2012

30 days back home in Florida

We left June 6th for Florida and spent a wonderful month there with my family.  I'm already planning for 45 days  next year.   Me and my sister Jessi were together the whole time and it was truly a miracle that we didn't have not one fight or dispute about anything.  Since I can remember she has drove me  crazy and it was nearly impossible for us to be around each other without a fight breaking out and not only verbal we've been so close to throwing punches over the last few years.  I am beyond relieved that I think those days are OVER!!  I thoroughly enjoyed our time together.
I hadn't seen my brother Klaton and his 4 kids for over 3 years and It felt so good to see him even though it was just a few days with his family.  I got so emotional just giving him that first big squeeze.  I got to know his kids and I just love them to death.  I do have the cutest nieces and nephews.  Georgie's kids were around quite a bit but not as much since the separation and now that the kids are living in Jacksonville with Leigh.
On our drive back we started naming all of the things we did while in Florida, and our most favorite thing which went something like this:

Mati:  Playing war with clams at the lake with Papa George.   Basically they spent over an hour on the 4th of July finding baby clams in the lake and then throwing them at each other.    Didn't exactly look that fun but I guess it was!

ME:  Buying Fireworks for the first time.  Even though we only spent about 70$ I was so giddy about it and I enjoyed the best firework show off the end of our dock.  The kids could have cared less about the 100$ ones going off around the lake and instead were so focused on the few 5-10 $ ones we had bought.  Nico was in charge and put on a good show.  Thiago and Davis were good support for him.
Dad promised next year he'd put in which means next year is going to be fabulous I can hardly wait!

Nico: Daytona Beach.  He always enjoys the beach and especially the slide at "The Cove"

Pili:  She didn't really know what to say but by the third week she had learned how to swim so I'm guessing Neannie's swimming pool was her favorite.

Now for some pictures of some of the fun memories we made this year while in Florida.



 Mati with Klaton's kids.  He and Blake seemed to hit it off pretty well though he loved getting to know all of them
 getting thrown in Neannie's pool by Papa a classic.

 Dad showing off for the grandkids
 stopping to by Boiled Peanuts.  Blake was eating the shell and all.  We left Lou in the car and he locked the doors and we were stranded for about 10 minutes until he decide to jump up and press the unlock button.  I was running around the car like a crazy person trying to him excited so he would jump around.  He's a good dog thankfully it didn't take him to long.

 Mati caught a frog and put it in a cup the kids laughed the whole way home watching it attempt to jump out.   It finally did and we didn't find that frog until the next day.  Still alive :)
 Seeking shelter from the rain- it was a very windy week at Kingsley lake this year



 Smore time
good times with Papa

 Davis and his tricks
 3 generations


No comments: