Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kingsley lake

I grew up spending my summers at Kingsley lake and I am so grateful that my kids have the opportunity to spend time there every summer.  Mati loved riding the wave runner and Pili loved the tree swing and jumping off the roof of the neighbor's pavilion.  I'm telling you that girl is a thrill seeker.
This year was super windy but we made the best of it.  We did manage to get one good day in for wake boarding, but I'm not sure that it was worth since I spent the rest of the week sore.  I will try to be in better shape next summer.

If the kids weren't in the water they were on this swing
 the water was extremely low until Tropical Storm Debbie rolled in


Mom making her killer chicken salad
 Lu was on his best behavior the whole month, we even decided to reward him by not to neutering him


headbandz- this is a fun game but kids definitely need to be the recommended age which is 7

Matias adores his older cousin Davis.  They had plenty of moments for some QT together

 My baby has no fear.  Matias actually jumped a few times himself the day before but I didn't have my camera with me.
 eating Gator tail; He loved it.

Cedar River a family tradition.  My favorite FRIED GREEN TOMATOES!

Going to the movies, looking like sardines


 The kids took up a whole row in Starke's two screen theater.  I love it that the candy is only a dollar and it's cash only.  The owner is keeping it real.  The theater must be at least 50 years old.

 Leila's 7th birthday

 and Tyson was the lucky one to get the pie in the face


No comments: