Sunday, November 18, 2012

All Hail Princess Pili

We celebrated Pili's 4th birthday yesterday and it was truly such a feel good day for me.  About a month ago she was persistent about not inviting anyone to her party just Mami, Papi, Mati, Lu and a Princess or either Mrs. Kristin (her ex-ballet teacher-not sure how much I would have had to pay to get her here) haha.  So this went on for a week or so and then she started saying that she wanted to invite a friend or she'd name a few and I just wasn't sure what I should do.  When Mom told me her and Dad were coming up I really wanted to go ahead and throw a little party for Pili.  After talking with Pili more we came up with only five girls that she wanted to invite.  Three of which are neighbors and the other two she goes to school and church with.
I decided on doing the princess brunch with Rapunzel after seeing an advertisement for Heidi's Princesses on Certifikid.  I was feeling really good about it except the fact that the little boy I watch everyday wasn't going to be able to come and all my closest friends who I really love and care about and would want to spend this special day with us would not be able to either.
So that's when I came up with the idea to throw the "after party"  This way I could invite boys  and good friends of ours. 
When Rapunzel walked through the door and did the Hail Pilar Speech and turned Pili into a Princess I was in tears as I am now writing this.  I am so proud of Pili she really is a little princess.  She is so sweet and funny and such a good little girl.  I feel so blessed to have her in my life and every bit of the work that went into the party was totally worth it.  She loved every minute of it and I loved it just as much as she.
We were so fortunate to have my brother and his kids here with us to celebrate.  It was a huge surprise for them to come up and and help us celebrate.
And who has a grandma that can make that kind of castle cake??  Not many I'm sure.
Also thankful for skype and that Mabel and Jorge all the way in Argentina could actually be at the party with us.  Mabel was in tears because they lost electricity yesterday but that made an effort and went and sat at a restaurant for hours so that they didn't miss a thing.  I am so thankful for them.
I am one happy woman right now celebrating four years with my little girl and being with my parents and brother and nieces and nephews.  I also have to mention my Matias the best son a mom could hope for and Nico who is ever supporting of my endeavors.














Crashed out about 11:00 watching the Avengers with the kids.
It was another AWWEEEE moment which Pili innocently makes us say a lot.
I LOVE YOU PILI


No comments: