Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Argentina you're Mexico



Our pretend play has been all about the World Cup lately. Mati loves to pretend he is Messi and I'd like to play the role of Veron but he always makes me be the losing team.
He is so into it. I mean how could he not be right?
We decided to try out a soccer club again. Fortunately we have a club directly behind us two blocks. We took him to a class back in April but because we called it Soccer SCHOOL, he wanted nothing to do with it. Back in April he was not to happy about having to go to school everyday.
We now have two permanent goals in the apartment and our kitchen table pushed back as far as we can to give us more playing room, and of course the Copa at arms reach. However, playing with Mati I'll never get to hold it high. I've beat him a couple of times but of course he has a million reasons why the goal doesn't count and must be re-done. I've learned to just let him win or the game will never end.
Tuesday we realized that one of his classmates is in his soccer class.
Here they are together doing an excercise.
Mati y Alejo


McDonalds after school sticking soccer figure to THE ALBUM. I am absolutely astonished at how much Mati has learned from this Album. He recognizes almost all the flags 34! I wouldn't dare go up against him.

AND FOR HEAVEN"S SAKE- His friend done gone and bought him a Toy Story Album so now we are collecting for TWO albums.
Satisfyingly, Toy story only has 200 stickers vs the 650 that the World Cup Album has. Mati is also getting very good with his numbers.
These Albums have existed here for decades. Has anyone ever seen anything like these?
I'm really curious. They are new to me. I think they are fabulous but costly.
220 pesos IF you score the exact stickers you need in every pack you buy. NO NOT LIKELY! We need about 200 player stickers still to complete our Album and our repeat sticker stack is about 5" tall. The idea is to trade with friends and thus cut your cost, however Mati is still young to be able to trade. However, he has been able to make a few clean transactions and I'm working different angles.
It'll be a miracle to get the whole enchilada!

No comments: