Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Family Home Evening Disaster

With Nico and the Bishop on my back to start implementing FHE I had no choice but to get my act together. Wow, the last few months have been wonderful. Matias loves it. He goes around the house singing I'm trying to be like Jesus and I will go I will do the things the Lord commands; his favorite. He tells me often "we forgot FHE" I have to remind him it's just ONCE a week. So last week I decided to introduce him to Nephi and Lehi and the Liahona. It was great and the song Nephi's Courage a hit! So last night I came up with what I thought to be a GREAT IDEA for FHE. We would role-play. I would be Nephi, Mati-Lehi, and I was going to introduce Laman and Lemuel through Nico. We would build a boat using pillows and couch cushions, and a random kitchen utensil that Mati chose for the Liahona. Things were going pretty good until Laman decided to tie Nephi up. Matias got quiet. I thought he was just taking it all in. I mean he must like the bad guys and enjoy the suspense. Nico read from the scriptures the account. Mati still quiet. I was a little worried and wondered what was he thinking. We finished FHE and I thought everything was ok. Then Mati approaches me...... "Mom, I didn't like that part when you got tied up. I didn't want it to be that way." He was sad. I felt kind of bad and tried to explain that there are bad people in life but they asked forgiveness and Nephi forgave them and yada yada yada. I offered to re-do the scene his way. We conversed he was put out for about 10 minutes then had a chat with Nico and got over it. My advice, becareful presenting the two evil brothers they may not be welcomed very well. If you try it out my way let me know how it goes!

My Dream home in BA




I just have to un-haunt it first. It's right in front of the plaza de Devoto and at least once a week I swing Pili and fantasize about this home.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Too funny about the FHE! At least you're doing it. We've been soooo bad for a few months. Gotta do better!