Saturday, July 17, 2010

shopping tour 2 meet Leo from the Verduleria



Leo is just the sweetest guy, and just about 10 steps from our place. I was sad because the first time I went there to make a purchase, this lady who must have been his sister (cause she was a red head too), scolded me for touching the tomatoes. She informed me that I was not allowed to touch any of the food. What? I usually go through about 10 tomatoes before finding the right one and now I have to put all my trust in this lady. I was a little peturbed. I knew I would be visiting this verduleria a lot since it is so close, and me and this lady did not hit it off. Fortunately this lady friend of Leo's hasn't been back. So it's just me and Leo and Pili and we work great together. He's never showed a hint of frustration with me and Pili who always touches something, and usually walks out with a green bean. I've come to trust Leo and know he's giving me the best of what he's got.
I owe him a warm loaf of Katie's Banana Bread. I'm on it!

No comments: