Monday, June 7, 2010

Apple sauce and Yogurt and.....



I've never liked Applesauce and so when I tried manzana rallado for the first time, I was shocked at the pleasing taste.
I became a huge fan of Manzana rallada- grated apple (apple sauce of Argentina)
When Mati was born I grated all his apples for him and he loved it as well.
Then Pili came along and I got a little lazy, plus I aquired a taste for American applesauce, and so my apple grater started to collect dust.
Now that I'm in Argentina and have no other choice but to grate apples for the kids for "apple sauce" I realized how much I missed it and the kids too. We go through apples like we go through diapers and now Pears too.
You must try it.
It's so different fom jarred applesauce; like fresh green beans over canned, to me they are two different foods.



Then there is Drinkable Yogurt. Nineteen years old and I was not a yogurt fan; until my first encounter with vanilla drinkable yogurt. Sadly back in the US I couldn't get my hands on it. Even in NY 10 years later I could only find it at whole foods and paid $2.50 for 8oz. Yogurt bebible is as common as milk here.
Pili now turns her nose up at milk (she has so much more of my genes than Nico's) and thankfully yogurt is only 1 peso more per liter. (5 pesos)


And the not so healthy.... Pizza Primavera with eggs and all. We actually ordered Pizza napolitana (fresh sliced tomato on top) but they made an error and sent us the primavera. It wasn't until after I tried it that I realized it was blog worthy.

No comments: