Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Argentina vs Grecia 2-0

I was a little bummed today because I wanted to take the kids to Nico's office to watch the game but Nico didn't think it would be appropriate. Yesterday I called a bar/restaurant that accomodates kids and they said they wouldn't have a large screen to watch the game nor would they even be open :( I realized that if I took the kids anywhere to watch the game we would be a nuisance. So we stayed home and watched the game just the 3 of us. We sprawled out on the couch with smiley face fries and banana and nutella and had a good ol'time. Matias watched the entire game with me and his company was sublime. We had a ball!!!! I am glad I was forced to stay home. Pili she chanted with us and did her thing; not typical of her to just hang out, but she actually allowed us to watch the game and you'd think she uderstood the sport already.
During the game I was reminded of my ancestry and felt a little pity on Greece. My Greanie Helen was Greek. I hardly knew her because she passed when I was just a tot. However, I knew her 3 sisters well. Aunt V, Effie, and Earlie. They were a riot. SO MUCH FUN. I love them dearly and have very fond memories of them; playing cards, doing black magic, reading our palms. My first cigarette came from Aunt Effie's stash. I could never inhale, just puffs.
It's to bad they lived in NH and us FL and our times together were limited. I do admire them, and I like to think I have some of their Greek blood in me. I'd love to visit Greece one day. Now back to futbol!

Trying to get comfortable on the couch..... Mati let out a squeal.



Now we got it right. Pobre Mati, he takes a lot from the girls in his life.








The kids also ate cold hotdogs and greenbeans. I wasn't about to miss a goal to heat them up. I don't have a microwave; heating is not as simple as 123 start.
I think I'll serve them cold food for now on though cause they ate well!

No comments: