Tuesday, June 22, 2010

window shopping done ruffled my feathers




I love to window shop especially when I go to pick Matias up from school which is usually just once a week. His school is located in the heart of Villa del parque our closest commerical area. From the time I get off the bus for the next three blocks I take it all in. However, I rarely ever go in because I've got Pili on my hip and 5 minutes before the "bell" rings.
Recently though a jacket caught my eye. It was one I had seen several weeks ago on a poster in the mall but it had not yet arrived in the store.
I had to go in and try it on. The lady handed me a medium. It was to big. She said "don't worry there is a small on the manequin." I asked how much the jacket cost. Eight hundred pesos. I suppose she saw the look on my face, but I insisted to try on the small in the window. The vendedor, "It will fit you I'm sure, it's your size."
"umm excuse me but do you know how many articles of clothing I've tried on in size small that aren't the right fit for me?" After going back and forth she says "You'll have to give me a deposit if you want to try the jacket that is on the manequin."
You all know me and I am not confrontational at all but she pushed my buttons. I let this woman have a piece of my mind. "I'm not going to give you a penny without trying the jacket on first, DEJATE DE JODER! And you must be crazy if you think you can sell a jacket for 800 pesos without letting the client try it on first" and on and on I went until I stormed out totally ticked off, but not feeling bad. I was proud of myself for not taking her bullsheez.
Mabel went back in a few days later but the witch wasn't there. She is still planning on going in and asking to try the jacket on and I've already plotted with Nico to go in and say he wants to buy the jacket off the manequin and then change his mind the last minute. YES I am out to get this lady back. The Julia Roberts is coming out in me! "Big Mistake, Big, Huge, I have to go shopping now"

1 comment:

Granum Family said...

Oh I'd be so mad! Glad you stuck up for yourself! We miss you guys out here!