Friday, June 4, 2010

Monday and Camera is fully charged

Just 24 hours left in Arapey and a lot on the agenda. The hotel farm
Coati- Native species of South America

La ll-ama or according to Pili la ma-lla She swtiches syllables up sometimes. That's how Jorge got his name Bu-a instead of A-bu (short for abuelo)


Horseback. I was feeling generous after seeing one of the horses kicking both hind legs in the air, and decided to loan Florencia my little white "pony" Doctor Shaq, whom last year was the only reason I would go cause he ain't but yay high (that redneck comin out in me). We were never really able to bond like el guacho Matias did with his horse Tornado. This year I decided I'd hang out with Mabel and Pili on the wooden horses which were probably even more dangerous; nearly got bucked off head first. Don't laugh. Tomar la leche- Drink milk. Since Argentineans don't eat breakfast they (or more likely the Spaniards) came up with a phrase tomar la leche which refers to a mid morning snack. So here we are tomando la leche en el bar, even though we actually had a huge breakfast. CHANCHOS going giant but we were forced to eat cause Jorge would become irate if we didn't take advantage of every amenity. even though he's just a big kid who makes me sing "everybody gone surfin Surfin USA" way to much. Milk does a body good..... and biking too straight to the floating gardens. These gardens were inspired by the Japonese and the Swiss with an ecological purpose to purify and cool the water from the springs before entering the river.


Mati took advantage of la leche and subsequently decided to skip out on lunch. To his convenience most of the kids cleared out Sunday night so he was able to get a one-on-one fishing trip with Carolina, and Caro has some experience. After showing evidence I accompanied them to release the pezecito.


I live to beat Nico in pool, I'll die having never accomplished this goal. Jorge comes to relieve me.
Mati continues his adventures with Caro as she turns him into a slithering snake.
Pili rummages my purse and I wonder when she will finally overcome this obsession.








After dinner we find that the wii has been brought to lightby our fabulous friend Caro.
I hope I have many a more years before being persuaded to purchase one. Mati has his first Playstation playdate next week. So the Play (as referred to here) will be revealed as well. He's a growin up :)

1 comment:

Lorenzo and Kayli said...

Looks like you guys had a really GREAT time!! Loved all the pictures!!!