Monday, June 21, 2010

Why did the Policia (cop) cross the street?

To buy a pirated movie from a street vendor. Wait. Did I say BUY? Let me tell you the story.

This lady, I won't say names but she is a really honest person and you guys all know her well, was scanning through pirated movies looking for something to watch with her hubby on Sunday night (since Monday was a holiday). This lady got a little nervous when the Policia approached. She asked the vendor if the policeman was going to take them both to jail. The vendor assured the lady everything was just fine. So the lady bought the movie and went on her way. The next day she had to return the movie b/c it was a bad copy and was unwatchable. Curious, she asked the muchacho vendedor "Did that policia buy a movie?" No, he told her, "I had to give it to him." The lady felt a bit of frustration, "so that's how it works, shaking her head, "asi es la vida" that's life for ya. She was feeling bad for the guy even though he was selling pirated movies. She was feeling furious with that dishonest, cheap-scape COP, taking advantage of the system.
Her hubby said she is just as bad because she buys pirated movies. She told her him that she is helping the poor make a few bucks to survive. It gets very complicated. Should this lady stop buying pirated movies from off the streets?
Is she really just as dishonest as that cop?

I think I've got to work on my story telling. I need to look at my notes from Freshman Comp. Lauren/Janelle feel free to give me some pointers

No comments: