Sunday, June 13, 2010

Toot-toot

I'm about to toot my own horn and probably a little too loud, so if you think it may make you sick to the stomach stop reading now!
Today I gave a talk in church on Inner Peace and it was more than successful (whatever that may be). I was so excited because Jorge and Mabel and Flor and Fernando were in attendance. I got so emotional seeing them in the audience.
I started off with a joke (one I got from Aunt Lisa) that had the whole congregation laughing and you never know with jokes and cultures I was so afraid they may not get it. I believe I had every member (literally) come and talk to me after church with such uplifting comments. For example:
Beautiful, How do you do that? Please teach me. Incredible. So funny. I had no idea you were American. I loved every word you said. Can I have a copy of your talk? I've never heard the whole congregation laugh together before. You are the figure, imposible to surpass. (ok maybe I made up a few of those) but not only did they approach me but Nico, Mabel, and Jorge as well. I was feeling on top of the world maybe the next Cristina Kirshner (Argentina's President)or just call me EVITA!!
We spent the whole afternoon talking about church and come to find out that Jorge and Mabel invited the missionaries for dinner for one of these days, and Mabel was already thinking about what she could cook for them. She must have told me atleast three times that I would have to loan her a different skirt for next time. Looks like she is planning on attending service again :) Nico looked at me the whole day with eyes of admiration and tonight he wrote in his journal (he hasn't done that in awhile) He expressed to me every hour how proud he was. I am happy most of all because I truely feel that today I touched the lives of others and it feels so good.
I was also set apart as First Counselor in the Young Womens. I'm very anxious to work with the girls and the hot blonde that I mentioned was my VT is the YW president. Chuuch is where it be happenan! AMEN.

3 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

How wonderful! It seems like you are all very happy there, which is not surprising! Keep on tooting your horn, we think you are great!

Tabitha said...

That is great-I am secretary in YW-it's fun working with the girl's!

Jaime said...

That is so awesome! This is a huge break through and I hope more lovely experiences like this will come. You should toot-toot! I think my fav compliment is the "impossible to surpass" gem.