Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The good and the bad


Before I go on I've got some beef with the Argentine police and immigrations that I've got to get off my chest. And no it has nothing to do with Pili not being in her car seat :)
First though, quick correction: Nico just read my post and informed me the pools are constantly pumping in and out water, hence the little waterfall at the end of the pool that everyone loves to stand under cause of the pressure and hot water. Yeah makes sence. I guess what I saw was the cleaning of the pools. I assumed. not smart.
Anyways back to the Popos. It's not likely here that you'll ever have a trooper tailing you with sirens on or less likely see a trooper and be reminded to slow your roll or KNOW you've just got BUSTED. No, let me tell you how the highway patrol works here. About every 150 miles there is a little police station set up in the middle of the High way flagging those down who have broken the law and letting the others pass on by. We get flagged. I think it's just a routine control check. Nope, they inform Nico that he passed a car in a no passing zone. What? They say they have pictures. I wish we'd insisted on seeing them. Radars and Cameras. It's sneaky I don't like it. 350 pesos right then and there or else.... 1400 pesos back in Buenos Aires. So we paid up and went on our way.
Then comes immigrations. Double wammy. Our passports are expired. There's no way we're turning back just 1 hour from the resort. 1000 pesos. OUCH.
Coming home we get flagged again. Argentine law is: if your driving on the highway no matter what time of day, your lights must be on. 1o years in US and Nico has forgotten a few things, the dimmers weren't enough. 160 pesos. Triple wammy. I could have almost gone home with a work of art!!
ps: Last year they got Nico for speeding and Jorge recieved the bill 3 months later by mail. If you're gonna catch me do it in the moment not miles or months later. argggg. I have a feeling Jorge never paid that ticket.
I should let Nico proof read before I click publish post

No comments: